Light Carrot Cake Cupcakes With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom akitchenaddiction 3 years ago
For the Cupcakes
- * 1 C whole wheat flour shopping list
- * 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1 1/2 C grated carrots shopping list
- * 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- * 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- * 1 1/3 C sugar or 1/2 C sugar substitute and 1/2 C sugar shopping list
- * 1/4 C dark brown sugar shopping list
- * 3 eggs shopping list
- * 1 C non-fat plain yogurt shopping list
- * 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- * 1/4 C canola oil shopping list
For the frosting
- * 1 8oz package of 1/3 of the fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- * 2 tbsp butter, room temperature shopping list
- * 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- * pinch of salt shopping list
- * 2 C confectioner's sugar, sifted shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake liners in muffins tins.
- 2. Place grated carrots into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 3. Put flours, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. Pulse or mix for about for about 10 seconds. Add the flour mixture to the grated carrots and toss to coat.
- 4. Next add the sugars, eggs, yogurt, and applesauce to the bowl of the food processor/stand mixer and pulse/beat until creamy. Add in the oil and mix until well-combined.
- 5. Pour the sugar mixture in the carrots and stir until just moistened.
- 6. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 7. Remove cupcakes to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Preparing the Frosting
- 1. Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until blended. Add in the vanilla and salt and beat until smooth. Add in the confectioner's sugar a 1/2 cup at a time and beat until smooth and creamy.
- 2. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before frosting cupcakes.
- 3. Store leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.
The Cookakitchenaddiction Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Not added to any groups yet!