Blackberry Glazed Baby Back RibsFrom oliviajasonkim 1 year ago
- Ingredients: Serves 4 people shopping list
- •1 rack baby back pork ribs shopping list
- •1/4 green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- •1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- •1 lemon, cut into wedges shopping list
- spice Rub: shopping list
- •1 tbsp gochugaru (red chili pepper flakes or similar) shopping list
- •1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- •1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- •1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- Blackberry Glaze: shopping list
- •1/2 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- •2 garlic cloves, peeled & diced shopping list
- •1 tbsp gochugaru (red chili pepper flakes) shopping list
- •1 package of blackberries shopping list
- •1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (cider vinegar will work too) shopping list
- •3 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •1 tsp honey shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Wash and pat dry baby back ribs. Mix all spice rub ingredients in small bowl. Rub mixture onto each side of the ribs. Place ribs on flat baking sheet or pan, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight but at least 2 hours minimum.
- 2. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan; cook onion and garlic over medium-high heat until soft, 4 minutes. Add remaining glaze ingredients (saving a few blackberries for garnish) and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 25 minutes; set aside and let cool.
- 3. Pour blackberry glaze into food processor; puree 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into bowl and keep brush handy.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unwrap plastic wrap on ribs and place on baking sheet. Cover top of ribs with sheet of aluminum foil (does not need to be sealed securely) and set on second rack. This will help cook the ribs faster. Bake for 1 hour.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare bell pepper slaw by slicing thin strips and mixing them together with a sprinkle of lemon. Set aside until ribs are done cooking.
- 6. Remove foil from ribs and brush with blackberry glaze. Brushing the underside is optional. Baste for every 15 minutes and continue to do so for the next 45 minutes.
- 7. Remove ribs from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. If there is remaining glaze, brush ribs one more time with glaze. Transfer to serving plate with bell pepper slaw, lemon wedges, and remaining blackberries.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!