Jalapeno Bread CroutonsFrom bakermanrooster 4 years ago
- 1 loaf of jalapeno bread made in a bread machine. (Recipe is in my recipes). shopping list
- 1/2 cup of olive oil. shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of butter melted. shopping list
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced or grated on a microplane. shopping list
- 1/3 cup Parmesan or Kraft makes a Parmesan,romano,asiago blend that comes in a shaker I use that. shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley or dry. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of basil. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of celery seed. shopping list
- 2 small jalapenos seeded and deveined or bigger according to your taste. shopping list
- 2 serranos leave seeds and veins in these. shopping list
- pinch of salt. shopping list
How to make it
- 1.) Combine all ingredients (except bread) in blender pitcher and puree. Using a pastry brush or butter knife paint both sides of the sliced bread.
- 2.) When done painting with oil mixture cut into 1/2 inch squares or bigger to your taste.
- 3.)Another way to make these croutons is to cut the bread into squares first and then pour oil mixture on to a baking sheet and stir croutons to coat.
- 4.) To make sure all are coated they can be sprayed with an olive oil spray. (BUT DO NOT USE ANY OTHER KIND OF SPRAY!!!!!!!!).
- 5.) Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- 6.) Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes on one side of the oil mixtured side then turn pieces over to other oil mixtured side and bake an additional 6 minutes. this time will make them crunchy but not teeth breaking hard LOL.
The Cookbakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!