Green Beans AlmondineFrom fewls 2 years ago
How to make it
- Trim the ends of the beans.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Plunge the green beans into the water and cook for 2 minutes.
- If you are using the thicker beans, cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain immediately into a collander and plunge into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- This blanching will help retain the lovely green color of the beans. Drain again and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium low heat taking care not to burn the butter.
- Add the slice almonds stirring occasionall until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and the green beans.
- Stir until the onions are softened but not browned and the beans are heated through but not overdone, about 2 minutes (longer if you use the thicker beans).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!