Haemul Pajeon (korean Seafood Pancake)From oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- •2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- •2 cups water shopping list
- •2 eggs shopping list
- •1 bunch scallions shopping list
- •olive oil shopping list
- •3 cups seafood medley (pre-packaged; shrimp, oysters, clams, squid) shopping list
- •salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
- Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- •3 tbsp soy sauce (or light soy sauce) shopping list
- •1/2 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- •1 clove garlic, minced (or garlic powder) shopping list
- •1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- •½ tsp gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes; optional) shopping list
- •1 stalk scallions, thinly sliced (optional) shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- •1/2 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Mix all ingredients (minus the dipping sauce) together in a mixing bowl until a thick batter mixture is created. It should be similar thickness as regular pancakes.
- 2.Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add a generous amount of olive oil. Pour half of the batter evenly over the pan. Cook for about 7, 8 minutes or until the bottom and its edges are browned. Carefully flip over and cook another 7, 8 minutes.
- 3.Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside.
- 4.Transfer to serving plate whole or cut pancakes into desired pieces with the dipping sauce.
- *Purchasing fresh seafood is a good option for serious seafood lovers. However, it will require more time and energy cleaning them (and sometimes gutting them) so I advise buying ready-made frozen seafood carried by most grocery stores.