Roasted Garlic & Oregano Green BeansFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed & halved shopping list
- 1/2 head roasted garlic* shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves roughly torn or chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- *Take a whole head of garlic, cut a cross section off the top to expose inside of cloves. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven at 400 for 45min-1hr. Allow to cool enough to handle. Squeeze out garlic paste. Use half for this recipe, reserve other half for other uses - such as spreading on warm bread. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add green beans. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to saute, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add oregano and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes. Check for tenderness after 2 minutes, the goal is crisp-tender.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!