Sister's Sweet Cinnamon - Swirl BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 12 oz evaporated 2% milk shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 3 tbsp cinnamon chips shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together flours, potato flakes, nutmeg, sugar and yeast.
- Add the evaporated milk, egg yolk, yogurt and vanilla, then turn mixer to medium low speed and mix with the dough hook for 8 minutes.
- Add oil and salt, and continue to mix 7 minutes longer. (Alternatively you can do this by hand, but you will need a longer mix time)
- Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a greased countertop and by hand, knead the raisins into the dough to evenly disperse them without breaking them up.
- Place back into the bowl, cover and allow to rest 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, tapioca starch and egg. Set aside.
- When dough has rested, punch down and roll out into a rectangle with the "short" ends the length of the loaf pan.
- Evenly spread the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the dough, leaving a 1" space on one short end.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon chips over the "far" 2/3 of the dough (this helps prevent them leaking through and sticking to the pan!).
- Roll up dough gently (the filling is quite liquidy), pinching the un-spiced end to seal.
- Place in a greased loaf pan.
- Cover and allow to rise 45 minutes, until almost doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake 1 hour, tenting the loaf lightly with aluminum foil for the final 25 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze130 members
Comfort Foods776 members
Original Recipes143 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members