Creamy Pasta With AsparagusFrom doreenfish 2 years ago
- 1 lb asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces...don't forget to remove woody ends shopping list
- 6 oz pasta.....penne etc...what ever you like shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 clove garli, minced shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 lg egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot boil 4 cups water with salt. When boiling, add asparagus and cook 3-5 minutes, until tender crisp. I steamed mine....make sure you save some of the water!!
- Drain asparagus in colander reserving 1 cup liquid before draining.
- Cook pasta. When water boils cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- In a small bowl combine egg yolk, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/4 cup reserved asparagus liquid, salt and pepper. Mix well. (Add the asparagus water a little at a time if it's till hot....you don't want to cook the egg yolk!!)
- After pasta is drained return to pot and mix with egg mixture. Cook on medium-low about 2 minutes, until sauce thickens and sticks to pasta.
- Toss in asparagus and mix well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If pasta seems too dry add more reserved liquid a tablespoon at a time.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until golden, add asparagus, salt and pepper and sauté about 1-2 minutes, tossing with oil and garlic.
- Serve with additional grated cheese.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!