Kongjaban (korean Sweet Black Beans)From oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1.Wash and soak black beans in water for a minimum of 3 hours to overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2.In a pot add the black beans and 5 cups of water. Boil on high for about 15~20 minutes or until water is reduced by half.
- 3.Add ½ cup of soy sauce, 5 tbsp of corn syrup, and 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Substituting the corn syrup in place of sugar or honey is acceptable.
- 4.Reduce to medium and cook for another 20 minutes or until the liquid is almost gone.
- 5.When cooled, refrigerate in a glass or plastic tupperware. Serve cold or semi-chilled as a banchan side dish.
- *To save cooking time and make for easier digestion, the beans should be pre-soaked a minimum of 3 hours to overnight in the refrigerator. When ready for use, rinse clean under cold water several times.
- **This healthy side dish can be stored for up to a month in the refrigerator, so it is wise to make enough that will last at least several weeks.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!