Rich Vegetable Curry With ChickenFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup rice flour (or regular flour) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger shopping list
- pinch cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 large sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 170g baby carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin coins shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup warm 1% milk shopping list
- 1/2 head cauliflower, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 150g snow peas, halved shopping list
- 1 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed (it's best if you cook it with a moist method so as to not get a crusty edge) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, curry powder, ginger and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the onions and carrots and sauté until the onions are tender and beginning to turn golden.
- Stir in the flour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes until everything is coated and fragrant. See Photo
- Combine the broth and milk and slowly pour into the skillet.
- Add the cauliflower and mushrooms, stir well and cover the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the sauce is thick.
- Stir in the snow peas and cubed chicken and cook a few more minutes until the chicken is heated through and the snow peas are crisp-tender. See Photo
- I highly suggest serving over brown Basmati rice (not included in NI).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Cooking For One87 members
Whole Foods142 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members