Chicken & Pineapple Adobo- Filipino WayFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 2-3lbs chicken thighs or breasts shopping list
- 1 cup drained pineapples, cut into bite sized chunks shopping list
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup white/ apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2-3 bay leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Take a big pot (use something you can cook in later). Marinate the chicken in the remaining ingredients except for the pineapple and salt for at least a couple of hours or you could leave it overnight in your fridge. Turn it around a couple of times in between.
- After the marination is done bring the whole mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for around 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Add pineapples. Add salt. Stir.
- Serve hot with rice :)