Easy Shrimp CreoleFrom abermouse 2 years ago
- 2 tbsps olive oil, extra virgin shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine shopping list
- 1.5 - 2 Cups Newman's Own peppers and garlic spaghetti sauce shopping list
- frozen okra, 1.5 cups or more to taste shopping list
- shrimp, i used about 20 shrimp that were cooked and frozen shopping list
- 1 Large can peeled chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tsps Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 2 tsps Zatarains creole seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 c white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Melt Butter with Olive oil and add salt and pepper
- Add onion and celery and saute until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and spaghetti sauce
- Add okra
- Add spices and water.
- Cover with a lid and slow cook for 30 - 40 min
- Stir and adjust seasonings to taste if desired
- At the last few minutes before serving, if using cooked shrimp, add those and the white wine and then cook for about 5-10 min longer. If using fresh shrimp cook until shrimp are done. I added my shrimp still frozen and just served this when they had warmed up.
- Serve over white rice with white wine or beer, and garlic bread.
The Cookabermouse Louisville, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!