Jicama Salad with Jalapeno DressingFrom shirleyoma 7 years ago
- jicama Salad with jalapeno Dressing shopping list
- 6 cups mixed salad greens shopping list
- 1 jicama, diced shopping list
- One half of a sweet onion, sliced shopping list
- 4 roma tomatoes or fresh garden tomatoes, diced shopping list
- One third cup mayonnaise shopping list
- One quarter cup sour cream shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- One half tsp. cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Combine salad greens, jicama, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl and set aside. In a blender, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic and cumin blend until smooth. Just before serving pour dressing over salad. Toss and serve. Jicama has the texture of a radish or turnip but is subtlety sweet. We became hooked on jicama a few months ago when they were readily available in one of the local grocery stores. Just when we decided that jicama was wonderful, and was great in almost any type of salad, this store stopped carrying them and now we can't find them anywhere. If you cannot find jicama in your local supermarket you may substitute sliced water chestnuts. BTW, the dressing in this recipe is really good. The flavors of the lime juice, pepper, garlic and cumin really go well together.
- The Skinny: Use low fat mayo and sour cream in the dressing.