Double - Lemon Roast ChickenFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed lemon balm leaves shopping list
- pinch black pepper shopping list
- pinch kosher salt shopping list
- 4 lbs organic fresh roasting chicken shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 organic lemon, quartered shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (use lemon thyme if you have it) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, lemon balm, salt and pepper See Photo. Set aside. (This can be done ahead of time.)
- Remove chicken from the fridge 1 hour before roasting. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Loosen the skin (or make shallow incisions) all over and stuff with the compound butter. See Photo
- Rub the outside of the bird with paprika and Kosher salt and place the lemon quarters and thyme sprig in the cavity. See Photo
- Place chicken, breast side down, in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, then turn the bird over and roast a further 30-35 minutes, until done.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard stuffing before carving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year182 members