Better Than Rice A Roni Rice PilafFrom poohbearlovesheavymetal 4 years ago
- 1 cup of rice (Any kind you like I prefer batsmati) shopping list
- 1 cup of orzo pasta (spaghetti broken in to half inch pieces will work) shopping list
- 2 tbls. safflower or other oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbls. dry parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano or other herbs you like shopping list
- salt and pepper taste shopping list
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth shopping list
- 0-1 cup hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Saute rice and pasta in oil over medium-low heat until it starts to brown. Be very careful not to let it sit to long or it will burn.
- Add in broth and seasonings. Once boiling turn down to simmer. Stirring occasionally.
- Taste test rice for seasoning and doneness. If most of the water has boiled out but the rice is still crunchy, add hot water a 1/4 cup at a time until rice is throughly cooked. Add additional seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with chicken, fish, or all buy itself.
- Sometimes I throw in some frozen peas and/or chopped carrots and celery.
- Use the leftovers to make fried rice. Add rice to pan with a little hot oil. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Saute until warm and getting crispy. Drizzle in a scrambled egg or two, and mix until cooked.
The Cookpoohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!