Pasta Primavera With Garlic Sauce And Possibly ChickenFrom sweetwords 4 years ago
- 12oz frozen broccoli florets shopping list
- 2 cups sliced carrots shopping list
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 1½ cup (6oz) mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup onion shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons garlic shopping list
- 16oz rotini shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) + 2 T real butter shopping list
- 2 cup chicken breast shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Take broccoli out of freezer to thaw in a colander in the sink.
- Slice carrots and bell peppers in thin 1-2" lengths; slice mushrooms and chop a bit; dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat 3qts water with 1 Tablespoon salt; add pasta when boiling.
- In large skillet, saute onion in 1 Tablespoon olive oil till just soft then add carrots and bell peppers with another Tablespoon of oil.
- Add peas and mushrooms and cook a little longer.
- !!!! Make sure to UNDERCOOK vegetables, very important!! If they're all getting soft, turn heat off under pan.
- Drain rotini when done.
- Saute garlic for 3 minutes in 2 Tablespoons butter then melt in rest of butter.
- Pour 3/4 cup into primavera, spooning most of garlic in as well.
- Pour all but 2 Tablespoons of remainder into drained rotini and stir.
- Chop chicken into half-inch pieces.
- Saute in remainder of garlic butter sauce with a Tablespoon of olive oil and a dash each of seasonings.
- Drain if necessary then continue to fry chicken until just beginning to dry out and show a few crusty edges.
- Add a bit more garlic powder and stir. Combine with primavera.
The Cooksweetwords Raleigh, MS
- Not added to any groups yet!