Layered Chile-chicken Enchilada CasseroleFrom cinnamongal 4 years ago
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken shopping list
- 3 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese blend (12 oz) shopping list
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 package (11 oz) flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch) shopping list
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce shopping list
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce1medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, the chiles and sour cream.
- Layer 3 tortillas in baking dish, overlapping as necessary and placing slightly up sides of dish (cut third tortilla in half).
- Spread about half of the beans over tortillas.
- Top with about half of the chicken mixture and half of the enchilada sauce.
- Layer with 3 more tortillas and remaining beans and chicken mixture.
- Place remaining 2 tortillas over chicken mixture, overlapping slightly (do not place up sides of dish).
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish casserole or individual servings with onions, lettuce and tomato.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!