Greek Inspired Pot Roast In A Crock PotFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 1 2 pound + beef roast (I used eye of round, and allowed about 1/2 pound per serving) shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground - to taste shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 6 oz. tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp oregano, roughly chopped + more for garnish shopping list
- 4 oz. feta cheese - for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Pour just enough olive oil into a large skillet (stainless steel or cast iron) to cover bottom. Heat over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, season roast liberally with salt & pepper on all sides.
- Sear roast in hot pan on all sides. Remove and transfer to crock pot. Lower temperature to medium and add garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes until softened - careful not to burn!
- Carefully add 1/2 cup of beef broth and scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add remaining broth, tomato sauce, wine and oregano. Cook for about 5 minutes. Taste sauce & season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Pour sauce over roast in crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- To serve, shred if desired or slice into pieces. Top with crumbled feta and oregano.