Rice PuddingFrom prancer 8 years ago
How to make it
- First bring the rice, the water and salt to a boil over med-high heat.
- Then simmer covered until water has been absorbed (approximately 15 min).
- Neext stir in the milk and the sugar and cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 min,Stirring frequently especially towards the end of cooking.
- the pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency.
- This does not need toOVERCOOK
- Now remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- turn into a bowl or cups.
- You may sprinkle cinnamon on the top if you like.
- Next COVER with plastic wrap directly on surface"IF" you don't want a skin.
- Let this COOL.
The Cookprancer Berkeley, CA
The Rating7 people
Had all the ingredients in my house (which is a big plus in my book), was quick, easy and delicious.tamaraa in Butler loved it
Awesome recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is THE best rice pudding recipe. People have paid me to make this for them. We like to eat it while it's still warm-yum! Good with raisins thrown in at the end when you take it off the heat also.food_devil in Galesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!