Sticky Pork Ribs With Dry-fried Green Beans And RiceFrom aravivel 2 years ago
- 2 limes, halved shopping list
- steamed rice, to serve shopping list
- Pork ribs: shopping list
- 300g barley malt shopping list
- 60ml brown rice vinegar shopping list
- 60ml soy sauce shopping list
- 60ml shaoxing rice wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoons chilli flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Sezchuan peppercorns shopping list
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, grated finely shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1.5kg American-style pork ribs, cut into 3-rib portions shopping list
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges shopping list
- Geen beans: shopping list
- 500g green beans, trimmed shopping list
- peanut oil, for deep frying shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, extra shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 eschallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 long red chilli, sliced thinly shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare pork ribs, whisk barley malt, vinegar, soy and wine in a medium bowl.
- Dry fry chilli flakes and peppercorns in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant. Using a mortar and pestle or mini processor, process spice mix, fresh ginger and 2 cloves of the garlic to a paste. Stir paste into malt mixture.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Place ribs, onions and remaining garlic in a flameproof casserole dish. Add malt mixture. Toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, in the oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- Increase oven to 180C.
- Transfer ribs to a roasting pan. Cook for about 30 minutes or until browned and caramelised.
- Place casserole dish with sauce from ribs over a medium heat. Simmer until thickened.
- To prepare beans, deep fry beans in a wok for 2-3 minutes or until they just begin to wilt and wrinkle. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Empty all but 2 tablespoons of the oil from the wok. Add garlic, eschallots, ginger and chilli. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add beans. Stir fry for another minute. Season.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan. Cook limes, cut-side down until golden brown and caramelised.
- Serve ribs, sauce and beans with rice and lime halves.
The Cookaravivel Chennai, India
- Not added to any groups yet!