Orange Ricotta Pancakes With Orange CurdFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- For pancakes: shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- For orange curd: shopping list
- juice and zest of 2 oranges shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. butter, molten shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- For orange curd: (make this first)
- Whisk orange zest , orange juice, sugar, salt and eggs in a bowl. Add the melted butter to it, and pour everything onto a pan. Over medium heat, whisk the orange curd constantly until it thickens. Remove pan from heat. Strain over a clean bowl with a fine mesh strainer.
- For pancakes:
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the ricotta, eggs and orange zest until creamy. Slowly add the milk and then the molten butter. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle, brush with butter. Pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto the griddle. When the pancakes h start to bubble and set around the edges, flip them over. Cook the pancakes for another minute or two, until the center is set and they are cooked throughout.