Kicked Up Ambrosia SaladFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, rinsed and hulled shopping list
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, rinsed and hulled shopping list
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and quartered( I used the whole pint ) shopping list
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into segments shopping list
- 2 cups medium diced fresh pineapple shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup coconut flakes, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine all the fruit.
- Add the lemon juice, mint and sugar.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a cold bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer fitted with a whip attachment or hand-held mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, spoon some of the fruit mixture in the bottom of each parfait or martini glass.
- Sprinkle some of the coconut over the fruit.
- Spoon some of the whipped cream over the coconut.
- Continue layering until all of the ingredients are used.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Note: I layered fruit, cream and coconut in a glass bowl and garnished with mint and strawberries