Boston Baked BeansFrom cherylnail 4 years ago
How to make it
- rinse beans in cold water and drain.
- Place in a large saucepan and add water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 min.
- Remove from heat, cover loosely and let stand for 1 hour.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil:cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour until beans are tender.
- Drain beans and reserve liquid.
- Turn beans into a 2 1/2 qt. bean pot or casserole.
- Add onion and mix lightly
- Cut through surface of salt pork every 1/2 inch making cuts about 1 inch deep.
- Bury pork in beans.
- Mix 2 cups reserved bean liquid with molasses, salt, and dry mustard: pour over beans.
- Cover and bake in a 300 F. oven for 5 to 6 hrs.
- Check beans about once and hour adding additional bean liquid or water if the beans become dry. At the beginning of the cooking time the beans should be covered with liquid, and at the end of cooking time the beans should be very moist and coated with a syrupy liquid.
The Cookcherylnail Visalia, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!