Strawberry TartlettesFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
Shortbread pastry (adapted from The Rosie’s Bakery All-butter, Cream-Filled, sugar-Packed Baking Book)
- 2 1/4 oz unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 1/4 oz organic coconut oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp sucanat or dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 (1 oz) packets vanilla- (or almond-) flavoured stevia (or 2 more tbsp sugar) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 3 oz fresh strawberries, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup tart cherry juice shopping list
- 1 (1 oz) packet vanilla- (or almond-) flavoured stevia shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds (or white Salba if you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, cream together butter, coconut oil, salt, Sucanat and stevia until light.
- Add vanilla and beat in, then beat in the flour until a stiff dough forms.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Puree the strawberries with cherry juice and stevia.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse in.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Break dough into small pieces and, using your fingers, pat into the bottom and up the sides of a mini-muffin tin to form a "shell".
- Spoon a tsp of strawberry filling into each shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in the tin before carefully unmoulding.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget555 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite158 members