Fruit Kimbab (korean Seaweed Rice Rolls W Fruit)From oliviajasonkim 4 years ago
- •4 cups cooked rice, semi-warm shopping list
- •1 bunch spinach, parboiled shopping list
- •2 carrots, julienned and sauteed shopping list
- •1 danmooji (yellow pickled radish) shopping list
- •2 sheets fish cake, cut into strips and sauteed shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- •1/2 lb ground chuck or bulgogi (Korean beef) shopping list
- •2, 3 imitation crabmeat strings shopping list
- •2 kiwis, cut into this strips shopping list
- •1 apple, cut into matchstick pieces (optional) shopping list
- •4 fried eggs, cut into long strips shopping list
- •1 package gim roasted seaweed sheets (or nori) shopping list
- •1 tsbp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1.On a non-stick pan, drizzle some olive oil and stir fry carrots and any other hard vegetables until soft and tender, just enough to take the crunch out of them. Parboil the spinach in boiling water, rinse under cold water, and remove excess water by squeezing into a ball. For the fish cakes, cut into long strips and saute until slightly browned.
- 2.Cut danmooji yellow radish into long, thin strips (see pics above).
- 3.Mix the warm rice with the sesame seeds and sesame oil. Do not use just cooked rice as it will shrivel up the seaweed sheet when being spread out.
- 4.Place one seaweed sheet on a bamboo stick roller/mat. Place rice on half of the seaweed sheet and add set aside toppings. Add optional ingredients according to taste. Roll in a log while keep rolling mat pulled back and not in the kimbab itself. Roll and squeeze tight until fully enclosed. Rice can be used as glue to help close the kimbab.
- 5.Brush a little sesame oil on the seaweed roll and cut into desired pieces. Be sure to have a sharp knife here, otherwise the sticky rice will tear into pieces and create not so appetizing kimbab. Enjoy!
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!