Taiwanese Chicken PopcornFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into little bite sized pieces shopping list
- Handful of basil shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 cup potato starch shopping list
- 2 tsp pepper salt shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 5 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp cooking rice wine shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp five spice powder shopping list
- 2 tsp white ground pepper powder shopping list
- 2 tsp red cayenne pepper powder shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate chicken with the marinade ingredients, make sure each piece is coated evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Take out the marinated chicken and coat each piece with corn starch and potato starch. Dust off the excess flour. Deep fry the chicken till golden brown.
- Fry the basil along with the chicken.
- Place the fried chicken and basil on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper salt and red cayenne powder and serve hot .