Cherry-Peach PieFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- Pate Brisee: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 cups fresh bing cherries shopping list
- 1 cup fine granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 (15oz) can organic peach slices, drained shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 tablespoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/8 vanilla extract shopping list
- fresh lemon juice (if needed for tartness) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, to dot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon organic granulated sugar, to sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- Pate Brisee:
- In a food processor, place the flour, salt, and sugar and process until combined. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal (about 15 seconds). Pour 1/4 cup (60 ml) water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. Add remaining water, if necessary. Do not process more than 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and gather it into a ball. Divide the dough into two equal pieces, flatten each portion into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour before using. This will chill the butter and allow the gluten in the flour to relax.
- Place cherries in medium saucepan and place over heat. Cover. After the cherries lose considerable juice, which may take a few minutes, remove from heat and add drained peaches. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Pour this mixture into the hot cherries and mix well. Add the extracts and mix. Return the mixture to the stove and cook over low heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Taste and see if you need any lemon juice. Remove from the heat and let cool. If the filling is too thick, add a little water, too thin, add a little more cornstarch.
- Assemble & Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out each dough piece large enough to fit into an 8 to 9-inch pan. Pour cooled cherry mixture into the crust See Photo. Dot with butter. Moisten edge of bottom crust. Place top crust on and flute the edge of the pie (I cut stars out of the crust, also serves as vents!) See Photo. If not using cut outs, make a slit in the middle of the crust for steam to escape. Sprinkle with the organic sugar.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!