Neely's Meatball SlidersFrom hottiehere08 1 year ago
- s3/4 pound ground pork shopping list
- 3/4 pound Italian pork sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (20-ounce) can tomato puree shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- Soft rolls, split horizontally shopping list
- fresh basil leaves shopping list
- Shaved pecorino shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the ground pork and pork sausage, red pepper flakes, 2 cloves of the chopped garlic, panko, grated cheese, eggs, parsley, kosher salt and black pepper, to taste, in large bowl. Form into 2-inch-meatballs and set aside on a platter.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until brown on all sides. Transfer to plate.
- Meanwhile, start the sauce. Add the 2 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, and the remaining garlic. Saute until the onion begins to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season the onions with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the tomato puree and the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, stir in the meatballs and simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- To serve, put a meat ball on the bottom of each roll and drizzle lightly with some sauce. Top with a basil leaf and some shaved pecorino. Cover with the roll tops and transfer to a platter. Serve warm.
The Cookhottiehere08 Spring Port, Michigan
- Not added to any groups yet!