Baked French ToastFrom cinnamongal 4 years ago
- 1 cup lite maple syrup (I used sugar-Free Pancake Syrup) shopping list
- 6 slices of French bread, 2" thick shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of skim milk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each, ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger shopping list
- fresh ground nutmeg to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare large baking dish with cooking spray or oil rub.
- Pour syrup in bottom of dish.
- Arrange bread slices on top of syrup.
- Combine eggs, skim milk, vanilla extract and spices in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over break slices, generously soaking bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare and serve:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake French Toast Casserole for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with additional syrup if necessary and more fresh ground nutmeg. NOTE: we did not find the need for extra syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!