Chicken Tikka MasalaFrom oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks (see pics) shopping list
- 1 white onion, chopped shopping list
- 3, 4 garlic cloves, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder shopping list
- 1 26 oz. can of tomato puree (diced works too) shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tbsp garam masala shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- dash of salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil shopping list
- 4 loaves ready-made naan shopping list
- fresh cilantro for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut chicken breasts into large chunks approx. 2-inches thick and combine with marinade/pre-rub of 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp cumin, and 1/2 salt. This is an optional step and does add to the total cooking time, but doing it will make the chicken itself taste better. Set aside for 20 minutes at room temperature or place in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours. (Spice measurements were not included above to avoid confusion.)
- 2. In large, heavy pot or Dutch oven on medium heat saute the onions and minced garlic in oil until well browned. Add the remaining ingredients (minus the chicken) and stir continuously for about 5~10 minutes.
- 3. Add chicken and cook over medium heat for 25~30 minutes stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through. Near the last 5 minutes, add the yogurt and run to a boil while stirring. If the curry is too thick, some extra may be added according to personal preference. Remove from heat and set to cool a few minutes.
- 4. Plate with warm, sticky rice (basmati and non-sticky rice work well too) and top with curry. Garnish with available cilantro leaves and enjoy.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!