Baked Coconut Shrimp With Marmalade Dipping SauceFrom krumkake 1 year ago
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and finely diced shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- ¼ cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- ½ cup panko crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine marmalade, Dijon mustard, honey, hot pepper sauce, and jalapeno pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork until well blended.
- Place cornstarch and coconut on two separate plates.
- Hold shrimp by the tail end and dip in the cornstarch. to coat.
- Then dip the shrimp in the eggs, and finally in the coconut, pressing the coconut into the shrimp to coat it well.
- Place shrimp on the cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until coconut is a golden brown. Turn the shrimp halfway through (around 8 minutes into cooking time) to make sure both sides brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce.