Spinach CasseroleFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Abuelo's spinach Casserole shopping list
- Source: Abuelo's Restaurant - Lubbock, Texas shopping list
- 5 pounds fresh leaf spinach, cleaned, stemmed shopping list
- and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup 1/4-inch diced smoked bacon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chipotle puree with adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 cups fresh diced onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning salt shopping list
- 8 ounce processed cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes shopping list
- 6 ounce cream cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack and shopping list
- cheddar cheese combined shopping list
How to make it
- Braise spinach in stock pot until limp but still bright green. Brown bacon in saucepan and drain, discarding drippings. Add butter to bacon in pan. Add mushrooms, chipotle puree, onions, garlic, red bell pepper and seasoning salt and sauté until onions and mushrooms are tender. Stir in processed cheese and cream cheese cubes and cook until cheese has melted, stirring continuously. Place spinach in strainer and press to remove all water. Place spinach in cheese mixture and stir well. Add corn and stir well. Cook for an additional three minutes and stir continually. Place in casserole and top with grated cheese. Heat in oven until cheese is melted.
- Serves 8 to 10.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!