Braaaaaaaaainssss! DipFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
How to make it
- Slice the avocados in half.
- Remove the seeds and set aside.
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin into a bowl.
- Mash with a fork or whisk and stir in the salsa.
- Set aside.
- Slice off one side of each pit to make it flat and expose the cores of the pits.
- They will look like eyes.
- Remove all of the leaves from the cauliflower and remove the stem, leaving a nice hollow area with the outer part of the head intact.
- Use toothpicks to hold it together if it starts to fall apart.
- Place the cauliflower into a small bowl, so that the hollow is facing upwards and most of the cauliflower is up out of the bowl.
- The bowl is just for stability.
- Fill with the avocado dip and arrange the pits as eyes.
- Decorate the white ''brain'' by weaving thin strands of red and blue fruit leather between the florets to make veins and arteries.
- I wrap the bowl with cheesecloth and decorate with red food coloring to make it even more horrific!
- (Recipe/photo courtesy of allrecipes.com - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/halloween-brain-dip/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=halloween&e8=Quick+Search&event10=1&e7=Home+Page)
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!