Hummingbird CakeFrom bothump1 3 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 cups chopped bananas shopping list
- cream cheese frosting (Recipe follows cake directions) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not beat.) Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.