Beta To Omega SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 large, sweet onions, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 3 large carrots, sliced into thin coins or half moons shopping list
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup diced tomatoes in juice (or 1-2 large fresh diced tomatoes) shopping list
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 2 tsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 lb chopped fresh green beans (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 (15-oz) can black soybeans, drained and rinsed (or black beans, also very high in anthocyanins) shopping list
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 2/3 cup Catelli® Healthy Harvest® Flax Omega-3 rotini (or your favourite multigrain or gluten free rotini) shopping list
- zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until a deep golden colour.
- Add the garlic, celery, carrots and sweet potato. Raise the heat to medium high and cook 4-5 minutes, until the celery and carrots have begun to soften.
- Pour in the white wine and stir vigorously to deglaze.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, broth, herbs and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook 35-40 minutes, until the sweet potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
- Uncover, remove the bay leaf and stir in the green beans, soybeans, spinach, pasta and lemon zest.
- Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until the pasta is done.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!