Thai Basil Chicken Fried RiceFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (or cooking oil of your choice) shopping list
- 1 shallot, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/3 tsp crushed red pepper (-/+ to taste) shopping list
- 4 green onions, white & light green parts sliced thinly, dark greens cut in 2-inch diagonal pieces shopping list
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into about 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 8 oz. snow peas, trimmed & halved diagonally shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed chopped Thai/holy basil or sweet basil shopping list
- 2 small limes, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
How to make it
- Pour about 1 tbsp of olive oil into a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add shallot and sliced green onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and red pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Move to one part of the pan or wok.
- Add more oil as needed. Add chicken pieces. Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Add snow peas and dark green parts of green onion. Stir well and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar in a small dish. Whisk to combine. Add to skillet. Stir well.
- Add cooked rice and basil. Stir well to incorporate. Remove from heat.
- Serve with lime wedges and sliced cucumbers.