Low Carb Plumb PuddingFrom bmettzyee 8 years ago
- 6 cups plain oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1 1/4 cu splenda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cu scalded milk shopping list
- 12 eggs beaten shopping list
- 12 oz suet ground or chopped fine shopping list
- 4 cu raisins shopping list
- 1 cu diced dates shopping list
- 3 cu diced apples shopping list
- 1/2 cu brandy shopping list
How to make it
- Mix oats, salt, spices and splenda
- Add milk
- Let stand until cool
- Add eggs and suet
- Add fruit and brandy
- turn into 2 large molds or 1 large and several small molds. For the small molds, I use Chinese rice bowls.
- Cover tightly with foil
- Steam over low heat for 6 hrs.
- I have a large double decker steamer. You can use a stock pot with a collander, if you don' have one. Make sure it has a tight fitting lid.
- Unmold while still hot. Wrap in foil. Chill until ready to eat.
- I make these up to a month in advance. I give the small ones as Christmas gifts
- Serve with Brandy butter.