Grilled Caprese SandwichFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- For one, but easily made for many more... shopping list
- 2 slices Italian bread shopping list
- 6 slices of heirloom tomatoes (I used two different colors for interest) shopping list
- Sliced fresh mozzarella, at room temperature (this will help with the melting process) shopping list
- fresh basil leaves shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves on the bread; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat (or use a panini press, if you have one), when hot, pour in a small amount of olive oil; close the sandwich and place into the hot pan. Put a plate or something on top and use a can or some weight to give it a little bit of a press down...cook until browned, then remove until you add a little more oil to the pan, then repeat for the other side. Eat!
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!