Russian Meat PieFrom photogeek 3 years ago
- For the dough: shopping list
- - 3 eggs shopping list
- - 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- - ½ cup sour cream (or kefir) shopping list
- - ½ cup mayonnaise shopping list
- - ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- - 1 tsp salt shopping list
- For stuffing: shopping list
- - 3 hard-boiled eggs shopping list
- - 400 g ground meat shopping list
- - ½ medium onion shopping list
- - garlic (crushed or powder - optional & as much as you like) shopping list
- - salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix all of the dough ingredients (mix in the flour last; should get consistency of light sour cream).
- 2. Chop onion and fry it up on a skillet till golden; add garlic; mix in the ground meat; cook separating the meat.
- 3. Chop hard-boiled eggs.
- 4. Pour half of the “dough” mixture into the pie form; layer with meat & onion mix, and add the eggs on top. Pour the rest of the “dough” mixture to cover the pie.
- 5. Bake on 200C (about 390F) for 30-40 minutes, till the top is golden (and use the toothpick test).
- 6. Let it cool and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookphotogeek Ottawa, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!