Wholemeal Steam BunFrom Yinhomemade 2 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Mix all the ingredients A together and knead into smooth and elastic dough.
- 2. Cover with a piece of wet cloth and leave to prove until double its size.
- 3. Sift B top of the dough and knead well to distribute the baking powder until the dough is smooth again.
- 4. Cover and allow dough to rest for 15 minutes before shaping.
- Meat Fillings :
- boiled eggs (shelled and cut into ½)
- Marinade for meat : （30 minutes）
- Shredded chicken/pork
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1. Heat oil in a pan adds in marinated meat and stirs fry till aromatic, adds in some water and cooks for 5 minutes until soft. Taste and dish up and leave to cool and chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- 2. Divide dough 12 portions and shape balls.
- 3. Flatten, roll into a round shape and add 1 tbsp of filling and pleat the top into a Pau/Bun.
- 4. Line Pau/Bun with a piece of white paper and let it prove again for another 15 minutes.
- 5. Steam Pau/Bun with high heat for about 15 minutes or until the Pau/Bun is cooked.
- 6. Serve hot.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!