Sweet Potato & Carrot PureeFrom dmitryomg57 2 years ago
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 8 tablespoons butter 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup cream 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp. of salt and a dash of pepper shopping list
- cinnamon (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 an onion(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Cook potatoes and carrots in a large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- 2) Add sugar and 2 tbsp butter.
- 3) Cook until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- 4) Mix in remaining butter, sour cream and cloves.
- 5) Working in batches, puree mixture in food processor.
- 6) Season with salt & pepper.
- 7) Sprinkle top with cinnamon if desired.