Spinach, Zucchini, Potato Thick SoupFrom raynaday 4 years ago
- 3 TBsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 teas. salt shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups peeled potatoes, cut into 1/2" pcs. shopping list
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded shopping list
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 6-8 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed shopping list
- 2 TBsp. dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 teas. dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 teas. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teas. black pepper shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in olive oil in large stock pot., until softened up a bit, just a few minutes.
- Add salt, chicken broth, water, potatoes and zucchini to onions.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer and cook, covered until potatoes are cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
- Add, garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning, dill and fresh basil to potato zucchini mixture, stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, add spinach and let wilt for 10 or 15 seconds,
- Puree with hand blender, or blend small amounts in regular blender.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- You may need to add more, salt and/or lemon juice to taste.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle with olive oil, or top with sour cream,
- Garnish with mint sprig.
The Cookraynaday IL
- Not added to any groups yet!