Honey Bun CakeFrom twill10 3 years ago
- I think a little chocolate icing works well on this cake for a little change, along with a dab of vanilla pudding, homemade of course! Although it is great just following the recipe :) shopping list
- thx to : http://www.thecountrycook.net/2011/02/honey-bun-cake.html shopping list
- honey Bun cake Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- ¾ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it).
- In a medium bowl, (by hand, using a stand or handheld mixer) stir the cake mix, eggs,
- sour cream, and oil and mix until combined. It’s okay if it is lumpy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon until well-blended; set aside.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 13×9 pan, spreading the batter out into a thin layer.
- Add all of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture to the top, covering the entire layer of batter.
- Pour the rest of the cake batter on top, and spread the batter until the cake is even.
- Take a knife and use it to make swirl patterns around the cake (just kind of go in a figure 8 pattern)
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until glaze is of desired consistency.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately pour glaze onto the hot cake.
- You might have to pick up the cake and tilt it to spread the glaze evenly.
- Let the cake sit for a few minutes so the glaze can set and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cook's Note: I really enjoy this cake slightly warm.
- To heat it up a bit, just put a slice in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!