Tortilla SoupFrom psychickaraoke 4 years ago
- 4 chicken leg quarters, off the bone and shredded shopping list
- 4 c. cooked black beans shopping list
- 6 c. chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 c. assorted chopped peppers shopping list
- 4 TBS soy, worcestershire, or liquid aminos shopping list
- 3 TBS cumin shopping list
- any of the following for accoutrements: sour cream, green onions, salsa, pepper relish, hot sauce & tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- left over grilled chicken would be ideal for this recipe. you can use any chicken part really. i think quarters are the best price for the flavor. boiled chicken should be crisped up briefly under a broiler to improve finished texture. cooking quarters & black beans in the pressure cooker speeds up the prep time dramatically. canned beans would be okay, as would canned tomatoes.
- add onions, peppers, tomatoes, and then beans to a dutch oven over medium heat.
- simmer until desired consistency is reached. i like mine to easily coat a spoon.
- add chicken See Photo
- dish up and add extras as desired
The Cookpsychickaraoke Athens, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!