Pasta With Sausage And PeasFrom improvisingfood 3 years ago
- 375 (1 package) of whole-wheat pasta, I used penne shopping list
- 4 chorizo sausages shopping list
- 2 cups of frozen peas (don’t use canned peas) shopping list
- 3 scallions shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of salt (1 for the dish, 2 for the pasta water) shopping list
- ½ tbsp. of black pepper shopping list
- ¼ tbsp. of ground nutmeg shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Boil a pot with lots of water and 2 tbsp. of salt and prepare the pasta based on the instructions on the package.
- Slice the sausages to ½ inch long pieces and sear them on a non-stick pan using high heat. See Photo
- No need to add oil, let the hot pan scorch the sausage lightly and the fat of the sausage will be released into the pan; it will contribute to the smoky flavor to the pasta.
- Run the frozen peas under hot running tap water for 10 seconds, drain them, and add into the pan with the sausage.
- Combine together for 30 seconds, and add the pasta (drained) into the pan with 2 tbsp See Photo. of olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper and the scallions and mix everything together on high heat for about a minute or two.
- Pile a bowl with the hot tasteful pasta, slice a few Parmesan wedges and…Enjoy.
The Cookimprovisingfood Bay Area, California
The Rating2 people
Wow, this looks good. I'm thinking garlic sausage though. :)
Your blog is beautiful, by the way.frankieanne in North northern loved it
I made this today using garlic sausage and I cut this recipe in half. I boiled the pasta and set it to drain. Added 1 Tbs of olive oil to the hot pot and put the pasta back in and swooshed it around in the oil. Dumped the pasta in a bowl and used th...morefrankieanne in North northern loved it
I made this last night using a kielbasa. I subbed an onion in place for peas as I didnt have any. I really liked the addition of nutmeg. Thank you for sharing a great recipe. 11-18-12 More posted in Frankie's IMI moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!