Homemade Passion Fruit YogurtFrom Yinhomemade 1 year ago
- Ingredients: Homemade yogurt shopping list
- Using fresh milk/ pasteurized milk shopping list
- 4 cups of fresh whole milk/pasteurized milk (Full cream/Low Fat) shopping list
- 2 tbsp of yogurt starter (plain yogurt with live active culture) shopping list
- Using milk powder method shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 400ml of warm water (use 200ml hot water and mix with 200ml room temperature water) shopping list
- 8 table spoon (heaps) of milk powder (you can use low fat or full cream milk powder) shopping list
- 1.5 table spoon(heaps) of plain yogurt shopping list
- passion fruit paste/jam shopping list
How to make it
- Using fresh milk/ pasteurized milk
- 1. Bring the milk to about to boil and switch off once see bubble form.
- 2. Let the milk cool down to luke warm temperature and pour into into the milk in a sterile jam glass bottle/container.
- 3. Add yogurt starter into the milk and whisk to blend the yogurt.
- 4. Use towel to wrap and leave in warm place up to 8-10 hours to culture.
- 5. Temperatures between 37-45 degrees Celsius are ideal to incubate and culture the yogurt. (I place in oven)
- 6. The yogurt must be kept in the fridge when it is formed .
- Using Milk powder method
- 1. Scoop the milk powder into the warm water in a bottle and stir well
- 2. Add in the plain yogurt (as the starter)
- 3. Stir again until everything is smooth
- 4. Cover the bottle with the lid and wrap with a dry towel and keep in warm place
- 5. Place into oven for 8 to 12 hours.
- 6. Keep in fridge once yogurt is ready.
- 7. Serve cold.
- Passion Fruit yogurt
- 1. Scoop homemade yogurt into a glass
- 2. Add in passion fruit jam (to your taste)
- 3. Serve cold.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!