Farmer’s GoulashFrom DaleInCO 1 year ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably the coarse chili grind of 85% lean beef shopping list
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 14.5 ounce can of corn, green beans or wax beans; drained shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste (more salt can always be added later but can never be removed after the fact) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
How to make it
- Add the choice of oil to a 4 quart stockpot. Sauté the garlic, onion and celery in the pot over low heat till the onions are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the beef and cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Continue cooking till the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato products, ketchup, seasonings and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni, choice of vegetable and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, till the pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
The CookDaleInCO Centennial, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!