Crispy Blue-cheese Appetizer PizzaFrom rhoys 1 year ago
- See More Recipe at : http://phizzas.blogspot.com/ shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 1-1b. can Italian plum toma¬toes and their juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shopping list
- fresh basil or shopping list
- 1 teaspoon shopping list
- dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare dough. Set aside to rise. While dough rises prepare sauce and topping.
- Pour the oil into a large, heavy skillet over low heat. When hot, add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened. Add to¬matoes and their juice. Cook, breaking up the tomatoes into small pieces with tip of a spoon or a spatula. When liquid comes to a boil stir in tomato paste, reduce heat, add basil, sugar, salt and black pepper to taste. Reduce heat to very low and let sauce simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. Cool to room temperature before using.
- Place blue cheese in a small bowl and break apart into very small pieces with the tines of a fork. Refrigerate until ready to use. (If cheese is left at room temperature, the pieces will begin to soften and stick together. )
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- When dough has risen, punch down and turn out on a lightly floured surface. Flatten into a flat disk. Turn disk over and sprinkle lightly with flour. With your hands press out into an oval, not round, shape. Turn the dough over and sprinkle lightly with flour. Continue to press, then pull the edges of the dough out until it is about 1/2" thick. Place oval on a flat baking sheet. Press and pull until dough is no more than 1/4" thick. Turn the edges inward and press up to form a thick rim. Spread tomato sauce evenly over surface and sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Bake in preheated oven until edges of dough are lightly browned, sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- Makes one 10" x 14" oval pizza.
The Cookrhoys Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!