Red Bell Pepper VichyssoiseFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1, 5 lbs bag of potatoes shopping list
- 1 large white onion coarse chopped shopping list
- 2 bunches of leeks( use white and light green parts ) cleaned well and sliced shopping list
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter and 2 oz. olive oil shopping list
- vegetable or chicken broth as need shopping list
- heavy cream as needed shopping list
- kosher salt, and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil cleaned potatoes in their skins till fork tender
- Drain and set aside to cool- peels should easily slip off by hand
- Meanwhile in a large skillet using part butter and part olive oil, saute the onion, leeks and red bell peppers until everything is soft and wilted
- In batches using a blender , puree the potatoes using liquid of choice to make a thick but pour-able soup consistency
- Or if you have a stick blender, one can puree the potatoes in a large pot
- Puree the onions, leeks and peppers in the blender or in the pot with a stick blender.
- Combine both mixtures together
- Gently heat and stir over medium heat until hot.
- Thin by using heavy cream as desired consistency
- Lastly season to taste
- Serve either chilled or heated.
- I suggest to make the soup a day ahead of time as the flavors really blend well and one can really taste the subtle addition of the red bell peppers