Almond Joy PieFrom twill10 2 years ago
- Thx to:Melissa - LaLaBliss.blogspot.com shopping list
- Almond Joy Pie shopping list
- pie filling Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter, melted shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut shopping list
- ¾ cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (extract will work) shopping list
- Crust & Topping: shopping list
- 1 (6 oz) chocolate Oreo pie crust shopping list
- Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips, melted shopping list
- ½ cup whole roasted almonds shopping list
- Melissa - LaLaBliss.blogspot.com at 11:55 AM shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the pie ingredients together: melted butter, egg, flour, sugar, coconut, vanilla paste and milk together.
- Spread ¼ cup almonds on the bottom of the pie crust, cover with ½ of the melted milk chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set up. After the chocolate sets up a little bit, pour in the pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set. The top will be golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Scatter remaining ¼ cup almonds on the top of the cooled pie; pour melted chocolate over the almonds. Put in fridge for the chocolate to set up. Enjoy!
- Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t? No problem.
- To make a Mounds Pie: Leave out the almonds and use dark chocolate instead.
- Best served at room temperature! If you'd like to eat it chilled, combine 3 tbsp of room temperature heavy whipping cream to the melted chocolate mixture before filling and topping the pie.
- Pie Filling Recipe adapted from Paula Deen’s French Coconut Pie. Almond Joy and Mounds are a trademark of Hershey and not affiliated with this blog.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!